Thursday, September 22, 2011

QR Barcode Scanner

For anybody out there who owns a smartphone, a really cool app to download is a QR Barcode scanner. A QR Barcode scanner app will allow you to scan (by using your smartphone's camera) any 1D and 2D barcode. These codes could be anywhere and can contain various information including coupons on the internet, contact information that can be stored on your phone, or a link to an important text, or event. And of course you can scan barcodes when shopping (which is how I use mine most of the time). Something like this comes in handy for the person who is tech savvy and is always on the go. This is a way to keep pertinent information and share it with multiple people quickly, or for the person who never has time to manually input things into their phone (because lets face it we store EVERYTHING on our phones nowadays). This feature even came in handy in my previous post when I went to the movies. The movie theater attendant was able to scan the barcode on my phone for my movie tickets, and I was ready to go. When you get a chance, go to your phones App Store or Market and type "barcode" in the search. There are many different apps that will allow you to scan either type of barcode. By the way, the barcode displayed in this post is my personal barcode. Try scanning this code to have access to me and more of my views. Try scanning all kinds of codes and see what comes up!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment