Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fandango Mobile Movie Ticket

I had been telling my boyfriend that I wanted to go to the movies for about a week now. We finally decided we wanted to go see Columbiana (which was a good movie). We decided to go kinda late, and we were cutting it close getting there on time because we were not close to the theater we wanted to go to. We were trying to figure out what the easiest way to handle this situation was because it was late on a Friday night, and we thought we may have to wait in a long line. I asked my boyfriend if he had a Fandango account so we could just order the tickets from his iPhone app. He advised he did, but didn't know how we were gonna print them out because the kiosk they normally have at the movie theaters almost NEVER works. He noticed that when he looked up the movie and theater, there was an option that said "Mobile Ticket Available". I asked him to read what it was since I had never heard of it before and I was driving (had to stay safe...lol). He explained that you can purchase your tickets like you would normally do with a credit/debit card. But instead of printing it out, your confirmation would be in the form of a barcode that the ticket person could scan. I was so excited because we could literally bypass that long line for the box office and have our phone scanned and enjoy the movie in a timely fashion.

For those of you who aren't self conscious of putting your credit/debit card on file and have a smartphone, download the Fandango app if you don't already have it and try it the next time you go to the movies. The cool part about this feature is that it will tell you which movie theaters offer this service because not all of them do. That way you don't have to worry about paying for tickets and receiving a barcode to a place that doesn't offer it. I'm sure that when you use it, it will make your movie experience go that much smoother. If there are any people out there who have already tried it, I would love to hear your feedback.

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment