Thursday, September 15, 2011

4G Phones

For those of you who have been following my blog, you guys know that I am OBSESSED with cell phones. Recently I came over to the dark side (aka I got and iPhone) and I absolutely LOVE IT! From time to time I wonder about the new phones that come out and how they stack up to my iPhone feature wise. Plus I have yet to experience 4G in all it's splendor so I am excited to see how it measures up to the hype. Below is what I experienced with the phones I came across.

Verizon 4G phones were interesting. The Droid Bionic has a HORRIBLE front facing camera. The front facing camera is VGA quality which doesn't even equate to a 1MP camera. Pictures came out very grainy. And for those who take pics of themselves and post to any social site like I do (don't judge me...lol), it didn't look very appealing. The Bionic is the only phone that lets you edit videos which is a cool feature. It doesn't have a vertical menu which is the new thing, but one can download a launcher to do that for you. The LG Revolution is by far the most generic of the 4g phones. Wasn't really appealing or flashy. The only thing nice about the Droid Charge is the screen clarity. Other than that not much to write home about. Looks and feels more like a toy than anything else. Moving on to the AT&T phones, the HTC Inspire is cool, but doesn't have a front facing camera. If I'm gonna have a phone that does all that this phone does, it doesn't make sense not to have one. The LG Thrill was definitely interesting because it is AT&T's first 3D phone. It was certainly fun to play with, but after 5 minutes on that thing, the headache started setting in. It was amazingly fast though. The Motorola Atrix is extremely cool in terms of the featured, and the sound quality on calls were really good. Let's not forget the phone has enough memory to be used as a laptop. Not something I would need, but still cool nonetheless for people who don't want to carry around a bunch of electronics. Last but not least we get to the T-Mobile phones. By far the best phone they have is the HTC Sensation. This phone is pretty much the best at everything it does. The camera is amazing, the front facing camera is crystal clear, the sound quality is good. The HTC UI is very interactive. For all the social media whores out there, friend stream is cool. If your not partial to it, there are MANY apps that can be downloaded that work just as well (I'm partial to Tweetdeck). The phone had a little lag time when I first started using it, but once I went to the first website, it was smooth sailing from there. All in all this phone was CLOSEST to my iPhone feature wise for everything I would use just in Android. Were any of these phones enough to sway be back to Android?? NO! But if I had to go back, the Sensation would be my best bet. Now if we can get this iPhone 5 rolled out, the sky is the limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment