Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Introducing Evi


So I was perusing through my normal techy based websites, and I come across this twitter post about this Siri competitor called Evi. It is pretty much the an app which is the same concept as Siri, but for android and non 4S iphones. Now I am thinking to myself can this really be like Siri? How do they differ? Which one is better? The company that makes Evi is called True Knowledge, and they have a ton of information in their data bank. Evi is like Siri in the sense that it is an interactive tool that pulls information from this data bank and when asking Evi a question, it is supposed to be more interactive than Siri. What I mean by that, is Evi is supposed to be a true "Artificial Intelligence" which produces pure information, whereas Siri is more proned to provide a web based search engine to produce the information asked. One point for Evi! Now though Evi is more information based, Siri is supposed to be more efficient at the personal assistance of it all such as reminders, calendar appointments, etc. Evi does not have the capability to perform those sorts of tasks AS OF YET! One point for Siri!

With all this being said, I think for all the non 4S people out there who do not wanna give up their androids, or won't buy another phone because they are waiting for the iPhone 5, Evi will MORE than suffice. I'm sure for the people who have ran out and purchased their 4S already and refuse to use anything but, I'm sure Siri is the end all be all.

For those of you who would like to try Evi, here you go:

Android Users:

iOS users:

No comments:

Post a Comment