Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sounding Off To The Termination of VZW's One-Year Contracts

I was making my rounds on the different mobile websites, and I landed on one of my favorite sites Phonescoop. I go there when I want to learn about what's going on in the mobile world. I happen to be looking on the main page, and I come across an article that made me feel a little bit un at ease. The article is entitled Verizon Wireless to Eliminate One-Year Contracts. Naturally I read it because I have Verizon, and they have been going through so many changes since the release of the Verizon iPhone 4, that I figured what now? As I read it goes on to say that it is no longer profitable for them to offer one-year contracts because customers have been utilizing two year contracts to take advantage of lower phone prices. Earlier in the year, we saw the introduction of the iPhone 4. Then we saw that they are doing away with New Every Two discounts. Next they terminate early upgrades, now this!

With all these changes, it makes you really wonder what exactly are they really trying to accomplish? These sorts of changes in my opinion don't promote customer satisfaction. It would be one thing if these changes were gradually rolled out between a time frame of at least six months apart each, but all changes rolled out within 2-3 months. This is just another way for their company to say they can pretty much do whatever they want and there is nothing we can do about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment