Tuesday, April 5, 2011

VZW 3G Mobile Hotspot

I have a Verizon Droid X and I have decided to try out the 3G Mobile Hotspot on the phone to see how well it works. I currently also have a Clearwire modem in my home where I can plug up my ethernet cable. I have been trying both out just to get a feel of how one compares to the other. Currently in my home, not only do I NOT get the greatest signal for the Clear modem (which on a good day is maybe 2-3 bars), but I also only get no more than two bars of 3G coverage in my home. Needless to say I must have lead paint on my walls because my signal strength is pretty much non existent. Even when I am out of the house, the 3G hotspot works semi ok. It is nothing compared to my Comcast or Verizon internet (even though I couldn't stand to have either service). 

All in all, I don't see the use for it at the moment because the only place I would really need to have up to five devices hooked up to it is my home, and if I can't even get a 3G signal here, I don't have much hope for the 4G. Hopefully the 4G will be LOADS better! 

HAPPY SURFING

No comments:

Post a Comment