Sunday, August 5, 2012

Flash Player Woes

I was recently asked a question regarding whether or not there was going to be a new type of flash player that would be available on ALL mobile phones and replace Adobe Flash Player. Now I have heard rumors about iPhone possibly coming out with their own flash player to be compatible with their Apple products, but more things are nowadays just rumors.

I go to check out some information on the internet and I come across an article on cnet.com CONFIRMING that Adobe is doing away with Adobe Flash Player for Mobile and will concentrate more on their HTML5 contributions (see article here).

Now as I'm reading the article, I'm not going to lie, I was kind of confused. The article didn't really go into detail to determine what HTML5 was. So I go digging a little deeper and find out that HTML5 is a more detailed coding on websites on the back end which allow for more digital viewing (i.e. gaming, videos, etc.) without having to use a plug-in (Adobe Flash Player, QuickTime, etc.) to view them. This effort will allow a more streamlined viewing across any operating system. There are many websites that have started to implement HTML5 (including Pandora internet radio, and Bing) which is a good thing for an iPhone user like me. Now I won't feel COMPLETELY slighted and can view more videos on my mobile device.

Check out this video I found on YouTube for a brief overview on what HTML5 is:



No comments:

Post a Comment