Sunday, July 22, 2012

My Samsumg Galaxy S III Disappointment

Most of you know that I have been busting out of the seams to use the new Samsung Galaxy S III. I am just dying to find out how this phone stacks out to my iPhone 4S. I have been SSOO interested in just finding out what little quirky features they have added that will make my life that much more simpler. I decided I was going to go to my local Verizon Wireless store to go play with it and hold it in my hands. I immediately asked for assistance because I knew there were things in particular I needed to find out that the phone did/didn't do. If any of you have ever read my blog, you guys would know that I have had a bit of issues with not only Verizon phones, but Samsung phones (see my post This Samsung Fascinte!). I have had issue with call waiting and call conferencing. Now I just KNEW that since this phone is so new and innovative, that this issue would SURELY be addressed and fixed. I go to the Verizon rep and explain specifically what I need to test because this was something that was important. We test it out, and what do we find out?? That Samsung's software STILL doesn't allow call conferencing where you can switch between calls, or merging a call while using call waiting. That literally CRUSHED me! My newest most favoritest (I know that's not a word...lol) toy was gone before I even owned it. All in all I'm glad that I figured it out before I spent the money. Now I just need Samsung to work on this to make it a reality (PRETTY PLEASE w/ sugar on top)!
No Samsung for me! :(

1 comment:

  1. In past experience over time from several different companies Ive learned that alot of associates in the phone stores arent that quite savvy when it comes to the phones and its features. They seem to as clueless as stacy dash in her breakout role in that tv series. Often i find them not being able to explain the simplest features so therefor Ive stopped asking for their assistance especially if you plan to spend hundreds of dollars on a phone. As an owner of an galaxy s3 i can say this had really innovative features to the actual phone calling aspect , its really easy to merge calls but as far as conference calls i havent tested out BUT the s3 has alot of settings you can apply to make these options very easy and accessible to the user.

    ReplyDelete