Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Introduction to Pinterest

One of the social sites I use daily on my quest to learn about new and exciting things is Pinterest. I was introduced to Pinterest almost a year before I actually started using it. Once I signed up for it and saw all these different categories of interest, I immediately got overwhelmed and decided this social picture board was not for me. Then I went to a family gathering and I was showing a cousin a ton of pictures I had saved in my smartphone of hairstyles that I liked. She IMMEDIATELY asked me if I was on Pinterest. I told her that I wasn't and she looked at me like I was crazy. She explained to me exactly how it works and all the wonderful things I could pin. Once I got home I logged in on my smartphone and once I set up my 5 interests, I was HOOKED. There were so many things that were on the site and what I liked was the fact that there were just as many people out there in the world who not only had the same interests as me, but it gave me a place to store all the millions of pictures I had saved on my phone (I literally had over 12,000 pictures on my phone...YIKES)!

As I started getting more familiar with the site, I felt like the possibilities were ENDLESS. I not only got to see other pins of things I loved, but it allowed me to share with others boards, pictures, and websites they wouldn't normally see. I have boards that range from hair & nail care, shoes & clothing, even crocheting. Feel free to check out my Pinterest boards by clicking on the link below or click on See My Pinterest to the right. Please feel free to repin or if you have any suggestions, comments, or would like for me to check out your Pinterest page or pins, please share in the comments section below.

My Pinterest Page


No comments:

Post a Comment